Friday 25 March 2011

RADAR!!!

It's called RADAR!!!
Inbuilt in every guy!
It's not that we make any conscious efforts to turn our heads. Nor is it when we'd stare somewhere specifically. :P
We stare b'coz we care!!!

I'd like to share some real life incidents with you to make my point clear!

1) Me and Durga sitting in front of the stationery shop at LP. A girl comes up from behind us and moves ahead with her back at us all the time.
Durga comments something about her hair.
I say, "Even her face is sweet. She's cute!"
Durga was bemused as in how the hell did I manage to see her face?
I explained that actually, this girl had passed from that place some time ago. Durga and I were busy talking, but me being a guy, could MULTI-TASK and check her out as I chatted with Durga.
Durga: Kandy, kaisa faltu hai re tu!!!
Men will be men!!!

2) Me, Jathan and Dhanashree in Airoli Bus Depot waiting for their respective buses. Dhanashree is a bit pissed off and expressing her anger to some extent.
I interrupt and say: I hope Thane bus comes late.
Confused, they asked me why.
I said, "That cute girl in green is going to board a Thane bus."
After some time, she did embark a bus bound for Thane.
Dhanashree gave me a this-deserves-a-... look and asked me how I'd known that.
I replied, "Forget that. The girl in blue would enter any bus for Mulund!!!"
Again this was what happened!!!

3)Many from the LOSS group waiting in the auditorium for Sarvesh's speech as the Sports Sec at FE orientation.
Rameez: Damn these prof's speeches are too dull. Let's check out some girls.
I agree.
Rameez: I'll check the one's behind and you check the one's in the front.
Now the problem with my section was that I could not look at the faces from the current vantage point.
But after scanning and rescanning, Rameez shakes his head with a negative.
Obviously, with the dim lights, it was difficult to judge which girls looked good.
I replied:1 row before ours. To the extreme right corner seats. just behind that bald man. The one in Purple!!!
I tell you, we must've been at least 50 seats away.
I wont boast of all this coz this is not any quality, its just the RADAR system. Good reception that's it!!!
Now when the orientation is over, we are standing outside. RADAR senses a familiar reception. I turn my head around and see the girl in purple.

Then there are times when the RADAR has false alarms*. Some girl would be very good as you look at her from the rear. Anticipation builds up. You wait for her to turn around just to look at her face. 90% of the times, disappointment is what you get!!! You curse yourself and say it would've been better if you'd not have seen the face. Coz human mind can imagine great things!!!

It is very natural. It happens with every guy. I just hope that I have put forth the exact kind of description. I know guys would relate to some similar incidents in their lives. All I'd say is, feel free to share them here. Shed your inhibitions. Leave comments. Girls would curse you a bit but let them understand what it is exactly to be a guy. And how embarrassing it can be to be caught doing so even when it is something you don't do on purpose. Let them know why their BFs or husbands behave in such a cheap (?) manner when they see a hot girl!!!

I spoke for all you guys. Now please don't leave me alone. Let them know that I'm not alone!!!



* False alarm: A technical term in RADAR engineering. It's a case when desired object in not tracked. Instead, some object appearing as desired target is tracked when the reflection off its surface exceeds the threshold level. This is a disturbance and must be avoided for better working of the RADAR.

(Special thanks to Ninad for the idea. Refer: http://corrompu.blogspot.com/2011/03/leer.html
Jathan and Harshad, for the discussion we had the other day.
All the guys for sharing the good times.
And all the beautiful girls for the good times. :P)

6 comments:

  1. I wanted this story to come up on your blog...nicely presented..simple and straight...felt nice reading it...You write with such an ease!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pankaj: extremely lucid and the one which every guy can relate with their day to day radar experiences...good one..keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn i wanted to write abt this one!!!now i dnt think i can add to nethng u have already written!!!gr8 job!
    p.s.: love the false alarm def.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garima ChaturvediJuly 13, 2011 1:46 pm

    but u know what kunal! a girl might feel that she is looking funny or something n thats the reason ppl might b staring her...(atleast i feel that way)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hd a gud laugh...nd dnt 4get gurls r equally equipd vth a gud radar system...bt it works as secretivly as ISI;)

    ReplyDelete