Tuesday 3 July 2012

Be Bold, Take Risk!


He could see the spark in her eyes. It was difficult to explain the vibes he encountered with every glint. He thought of them as glowing fireflies. When she looked at him, when their eyes met, the fly glowed and then she looked away perhaps shy. But that moment felt as if the firefly disappeared, only that he realized that it was not the glow or the firefly that diminished, it was his world growing dark when she looked away.
He knew this time that she was the one. He should not lose her. He’d been shy earlier and now he repented every moment of it. But now he could not afford to be bereaved of the magic moment he would share with her because of his coyness. If he’d learnt anything from his earlier afflictions, it was this; to be bold. If you don’t ask her out, someone else would. You would need to take risks. “To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure. But risk must be taken because greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing”. He could feel the words coming from an unknown source in his mind. He would realize the miracle of life only when he’d start to live an unexpected life. We have to convert the mundane to extraordinary and that takes courage. Risks need courage. He remembered Paulo Coelho’s word: Magic moment. “…that (magic) moment exists – a moment when all the power of the stars becomes part of us and enables us to perform miracles.”

He mustered all the courage he had and walked up to her. He feared nothing but being away from her for being a coward under the pretext of being shy.

He got up to walk to her desk. She looked at him getting up and smiled. That smile gave him some confidence. He rolled back his shoulders and held his chin high.

His heart hammered against his ribs. He took a deep breath and said, “Hi!” She smiled. He smiled back coyly and continued, “Would you like to go out with me tonight? We could have dinner together and catch a movie perhaps. If you can’t or have some other plans, it is okay. I won’t feel bad. I completely understand it’s such a short notice and I’m not sure if I’d be the best company to spend a Friday night with…..” After the first two sentences, his manly voice had micrified to a feeble mumbling. She cut him out and said, “Actually I do have some plans for tonight, so I can’t really go out with you for a movie.” His face still wore a smile but he was despondent inside to the core. She continued, “I need to go to my friend’s pretty late tonight so maybe we can go out for dinner!” his heart was now racing. He wanted to say a lot of things, wanted to act as if it was not a big deal, and he was cool, and he wasn’t really excited, but true emotions can hardly be hidden behind a mask. He was ecstatic and it reflected on his face and in his voice as he said, “Thanks! See you at 7:30 then, I’ll pick you up!” She gave him an ethereal smile as he turned back towards his desk.

It wasn’t that difficult, he thought. Perhaps it was a magic moment!

8 comments:

  1. supa glad 2 read u again!!ossum "come back":p ... u kno wat....der is dis very thin lyn btwn sounding romantic and sounding pervert,and often ppl tend to step (o even ovr step)the threshold....but but but NOT U!!!!!(same for "perfect simile")!!!it ws worth risking :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pakhi, good to hear that you liked it. I try to avoid in intentionally. About comeback, I hope you liked the other two posts after the 'comeback' too.

      Delete
    2. ya d odr 2 r gud as well!!!!bt i jus luvd d risk part ovr here...(to luv is to...) but i feel dat u dnt practise wat u preach...u havnt askd out ur gurl yet...ryt???

      Delete
    3. :D:Dperhaps it's esy to write a blog nd mke things hapn here(hapy ending's:P) dn in reality.d guy in d first half is U(nd wat hs hapnd vth u) nd in second half it's wat u wish shud hv hapnd!!wont bug u furdr..byee

      Delete
    4. Its not completely true. I did ask some girl but I haven't quite found someone whom I like and is not seeing anyone else. So my blogs are how I'd expect life to be, but I'm the guy from both the halves, just the end is dramatic. :)

      Delete
  2. owwwkay...finaly u spilled sum beans ;)xtremely sory 4 saying dat it's easy 2 write a blog coz it's NOT:) btw why did u remv d abv coment,bring it on dear!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! I'm not offended by the comments! I take it as an appreciation. And I deleted the comment coz I thought I thought I was perhaps being too personal! :) :)

      Delete