Wednesday 7 May 2014

Wanderlust

As he kissed my forehead that night,
I had slept with a smile on my face.
But when I had woken up, he was gone.
Somewhere between that last smile and the morning,
He had left. Where to? I knew not.

From the day I truly knew him,
I had feared that I'd see this day.
He was not the one who could be tethered.
He was born to be free, to go out there.

And today, a year has passed since that day,
I have waited every sundown.
Expecting to hear from him, to see him.
I have craved to meet the man I love.

He wanted to travel, all over the world.
I know not where he might be now
Maybe Paris, maybe Alaska, or perhaps in India.
All I know is I must find him, be with him.

I shouldn't have stayed, bound to safety.
So now, I am setting out.
With a hope that our paths will cross,
Someday, somewhere, if it is destined.
Serendipitous perhaps...

He loved to wander...
I wander for love...

No comments:

Post a Comment